Playboi Carti - Whole Lotta Red
Dec 25, 2020 (updated Dec 28, 2020)
Edit: I was wrong, and so were you. Top 10 rap albums of the year. Idk, my mental illness has crippled my ability to criticise a body of work. Thank your Sir Carter for this project. Man sampled chains clinking, he sampled Bon Iver and Bach. Thanks for that, yeezy. Also some of his hardest and funniest bars to date are on here, on god. My most unpopular opinion to date.

Half of the hate that's being garnered for this album is just irrational. People are acting like Die Lit was a lyrical masterpiece that bent the very structural being of what we classify a hip-hop song in 2018. It was a fun album loaded with atmospheric bangers and some startlingly good singles yet a line of average filler songs thrown in the mix.

I have to admit, Whole Lotta Red doesn't kill the Carti meme to an extent. It's not hilarious at all to call him untalented trash, say he emasculates the being of black men, and being homophobic to him isn't dope either. I rate toxic Carti Haters a not good.

Whole Lotta Red isn't the type of thing I'm going to listen to on a daily basis, it's redundant and doesn't feel as well mixed or put together as his old work, but the whole fundamentality of his music is dumb fun, oddly experimental tunes meant to rot your brain but simultaneously be the greatest thing ever. Whole Lotta Red simply curtails on the atmospheric side, instead of making Carti's style a tad more aggressive in full. Making Carti and Pierre's style is absolutely easy to nail, and yet this album manages to disappoint me after a long wait.

But shit, can people not take change? There's a fair bit of experimental production, there are the goth aesthetic tinged songs, and there are 2 great features. It's not as good as Die Lit, but it's certainly good, and I found myself head-bopping to it.

That doesn't call for you to be hate mongers and ruthlessly thrash him on the internet. he's a human being, he's a meme, but just because he's a figure of humor doesn't mean you can bully him. Rappers can be soft, people bullied Travis for no reason, that mf took it seriously and deleted his IG. Let him dress up, and make weird noises and entertain whoever he wants. If it's not your thing, it's understandable, just don't bully the dude. He seems nice.

Yes, there's a whole lotta disappointment, but chill out, it isn't like this is Kendrick or Kanye.

Also, I'm not gonna act hypocritical. So I'm sorry if I went out at people who despise this album. I'm just a corny piece of shit. Love you @MattsReviews

+* ok ! 🖤
i am so :) xo ! excited if ^ 🦋* !+ this 💔 +** is 💔 actually dropping i love * ! +:) you ! my wokstars :( 💕
* slatt _ !

*+!:) !!
i am ** !++ also taking this ** !++ as an opportunity🦋 to say +* i am +* gay
:( 💕
thank you slatt . .$ young thug *^ ! for making * ok !+me realise who i am ok !

*+ _ slatt !

I'm not hyped for your album. Your retro cover looks like a metal Teletubby on crack.

Mario Judah is more talented than you. You took so long. You're a living L. Be a good dad and stay home, stop going to the studio and trying to get your newborn infected, but the way you abandoned your fanbase for a year or two I can bet your a deadbeat father too. Look at Scre4meh. He loves you so much. Yet you chose to look like a teletubby on your cover. And teletubbies are banned for being gay in Australia. You lost. Still listening though!

Don't worry Carti, I still love you, just make some better music next time! B

Worst Tracks: JumpOutTheHouse, Punk Monk

Best Tracks: F33l Lik3 Dyin, Go2DaMoon, Stop Breathing, No Sl33p, Teen X, Meh, Not Playing, Vamp Anthem, Control
TomBejoy's Tags
uh
MATT REVIEW REFERENCE = LIKE
Dec 25, 2020
@MattsReviews dick move exchange is session, are friends again
what did i just write
holy crap
Dec 25, 2020
Congratulations on getting the 'Popular This Week' badge! :)
Dec 25, 2020
@Cry the bon iver sample on the end of the album made me rethink the whole thing for some reason. thank you smh btw
Dec 25, 2020
@TomBejoy lol the bon iver sample was cool, nothing outstanding or too bad, but just good. no problem! :)
GOOD REVIEW.
Dec 26, 2020
SOON TO BE A POPULAR OPINION ALERT 🔔🔔🔔
Dec 26, 2020
Yeah, I think that a lot of people will start to change their minds and say that they like it! Your opinion may become popular soon! :)
Ew wtf 😤

based tom
Jan 8, 2021
I'm confused
Jan 9, 2021
@Maggpipe I like the album, the last portions we making fun of carti fans
Jan 14, 2021
Here after Shawn de said ur review was trash lmao (pls don’t kill me pls it’s just a funny)
Jan 15, 2021
he ddint say it was trash he was just confused i dont blame him @reedybdeedy
Jan 15, 2021
shawn cee roasted you lol
Jan 15, 2021
bruh you got on a YouTube channel, that's littt
@TomBejoy true true true
@Cry on SHAWN CEE'S CHANNEL
Jan 16, 2021
@BYYWYBWY are you here to lay the flowers on my grave mate
Jan 16, 2021
@TomBejoy OH MY, SHAWN MENDES'S CHANNEL!! WHOAAA!!!
@TomBejoy

Yeah man. IM SCREAMING OUT JUSTICE FOR YOU. YOU DIDN'T DESERVE TO BE KILLED THAT WAY
@BYYWYBWY brown lives matter too
@TomBejoy