clipping. - Say the Name
Nov 30, 2020
The definition of outright based.

I can't help but admit I have several gripes with the entirety of "Visions of Bodies Being Burned", however, Say The Name is a single I can easily get behind. My central issue with the whole project is that most songs were woven around identical concepts with little to no travel from the initial palette of sounds. Not to mention the excessively edgy lyricism with little to no substance value.

But the one thing I give to them is their originality, weaving the horrorcore preset around a catchy instrumental with relative ease. Daveed Diggs may sound lackluster on other tracks on VOBB, but he gives his A-game on Say The Name. The predatory lyrics might be unappealing to many, but I get the exact emotion being portrayed here.

A throbbing bassline adorns Daveed threatening your very existence which is out of bounds in terms of outright enticing the ear. It's psychedelic and oddly hypnotic and it puts me in a trance upon every listen. The rudimental drum patterns are integrated well, and the synth-heavy outro is the icing on the cake. Being experimental and unique while simultaneously being replayable as fuck and a departure from the mainstream.

Not to mention the pop culture references that are in your face for the whole track. Something about this track puts a dumb grin on my face despite how grimey and horrifying the whole thing is. If only the record had more tracks this complex.
based and clippingpilled
Nov 30, 2020
@CLJesse for a second i went: who???? and then i checked your profile and went oh
Lmao
Nov 30, 2020
@CLJesse funk revolution now *begins grooving