JPEGMAFIA - EP!
Nov 7, 2020 (updated Nov 7, 2020)
Peggy sucks I love him

So after a string of brilliant back to back singles, our local experimental hip-hop hero and war veteran Peggymafia is back with....... a compilation of a bunch of singles we've already heard, smh.

But if I had to rate them singles out of context for a new listener, I'd say they're inconsistent but all of them close out around the 80-85 range, which is a good sign. Doesn't live up to Veteran though, and I'm not the biggest fan of the autocrooning as I prefer his normal gritty rapping style.

But holy shit are some songs fucking good, for example, BALD!, which is easily one of the best rap songs of the year despite all the quality content we've got from the mainstream.

Kind of a cash grab though but it cleans up his discography a bit and makes stuff more organized. Can't wait till he culminates these ideas into a fourth studio LP.

If you've never checked his stuff out, this wouldn't be a bad starting point but the autotuned bangers are only good for Peggy's self-produced instrumentals, which he's consistently good at making.

Best Tracks: BALD! (absolute banger, but the Zeltron remix doesn't do a lot for me even though I love him)
Cutie Pie (Fun and bar filled), Rough 7 (There's something about it I can't explain)

Good Tracks: Covered In Money, The Bends, Bald Remix, Living Single

Worst Tracks: BODYGUARD!
Jan 22, 2021
damn bodyguard is my second fav after covered in money