AOTY 2021
Masego & Don Toliver - Mystery Lady
Nov 14, 2020
An R&B song with a rather unique structure and ethereal vocals, Masego and Don Toliver's joint Mystery Lady has surprisingly enough qualities to keep stuff afloat unlike most tracks in this vein.

Honestly, the vocal performances on this track were fucking unreal. I'm not the one to dive into music like this but holy shit are these vocal lines brilliant. This carries on to the artistic progression, including an unconventional bridge, brimming with an influx of ideas that are unparalleled by most R&B songs. Masego expresses the concept of an anonymous lover quite well even though the lyrics are slightly surface level.

The instrumental doesn't feel entirely hollow due to the excess of switch-ups here and there which adds a huge amount of spice to the mix and it's a welcome addition even though it sounds messy.

But honestly, it's another lighthearted song with a vibe heavy nature and is definitely a huge highlight amongst the mediocrity we got from this week's releases.
Nov 14, 2020
Completely agree, it was an amazing single!
Nov 14, 2020
@Cry thanks bruh looking forward to some more reviews of older albums really appreciated your Last year was weird review
Nov 15, 2020
@TomBejoy That's nice to know, I'm working on a few reviews. I'll try to get them done soon! :)
Arca - KicK iii