Björk - Homogenic
Aug 18, 2019
Homogenic fully materializes the more electronic side of Björk's music that her previous records were inducing, showcasing a really interesting addition to her sound.
It is also my favorite release of her entire discography so far. It sounds emotionally chaotic in a very unique and progressive way.
The first leg starts off the album with a pretty clean and pacific atmosphere, where everything feel harmonious, featuring beautiful tracks such as "Joga" or "Unravel".
Then, the sound slowly incorporates a more notable and sometimes rough (not in a bad way tho) use of synthesizers. Almost like disturbing the uplifting tranquility we had at the beginning.
There's a little break with "Alarm Call" which comes in as the calm before the storm, and "Pluto" serves as the climax of the album, where the chaos finishes to show up and completely dominates the music. Definitely one of Björk most insane tracks ever, with her going crazy through despairing screams over this really hard-hitting electronic beat. I interpret it as a liberation of some sort, she can't hide her conflicting feelings towards something no more, and has to "explode" in order to continue with a sane life.
After that, "All Is Full Of Love" again.

Favorite Tracks: All Of Them