The 1975 - Notes on a Conditional Form
5d ago (updated 5d ago)
Good

The 1975 have always been a weird band in my catalog. The only record of their’s I continuously enjoy is 2018’s “A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships.” It was very thematic, beautiful at times, and I could easily find myself listening to it in my free time. When I found out about this record, I was SO SO excited, like most people!

Just like most records from this group, “Notes on a Conditional Form” is a mixed bag. Many tracks on this record, including some of the singles (believe it or not), are some of the best material that The 1975 have ever come out with! “People” is endlessly praised for being so fucking energetic and fun. The enriched, conscious call-to-action “Jesus Christ 2005 God Bless America” is the most they’ve sounded like the legendary Bon Iver. Coming at the end of the album, “Don’t Worry” is an assuring and beautiful piano ballad.

When you take away the filler, such as the tedious “Having no Head”, the painstakingly thin “Bagsy Not In Net”, the confusing “Shiny Collarbone” (which sounds like something the Microsoft AI would make your Gamer Tag), and many more, this record would be a candidate for the best album of 2020. However, the never-ending pattern of long The 1975 albums does not cease here. I made a shortened track list, one that would illicit a very high score from myself.

1. People
2. Frail State of Mind
3. Roadkill
4. The Birthday Party
5. If You’re Too Shy (Let Me Know)
6. Jesus Christ 2005 God Bless America
7. Don’t Worry
8. Me & You Together Song
9. Nothing Revealed - Everything Denied
10. Tonight (I Wish I Was Your Boy)
11. Playing On My Mind
12. Guys
13. The 1975
14. The End (Music for Cars)

Let me know what you think in the comments, and maybe I’ll see a revised tracklist from you as well?

Color: Blue
FAV TRACKS: tracklist above
LEAST FAV: Shiny Collarbone, Bagsy Not In Net, Yeah I Know, What Should I Say, Having No Head
TreyLikesBands's Tags
Damn, copied me smh smh smhs hmsh smhm
I WROTE THIS EARLIER AHHHHH @supertartory
I would keep The 1975 as an intro but I really like your revised tracklist!
And also add Guys in towards the end, I actually feel that track is pretty strong.
@jackkd8 Shit! I forgot Guys. Just revised it😂
Streaming’s the best song on the album!!!
damn, shiny collarbone does sound like an ai generated gamertag.
The descripion of Shiny Collarbone killed me lmao. I actually really enjoy Having no Head, heavily reminds of ILIWYS's title track. Great review nontheless