Everything Everything - Re-Animator
Sep 11, 2020
Bright and beautiful like an Arizona sunset, Everything Everything follow up their decade long, 4-album run with a strong burst into 2020. Welcome "Re-Animator" to this humble discography!

Swimming in nostalgic and dreamy chord progressions, the band leans into the pop aesthetic even more with crisp arpeggiated synths and drowning-in-reverb vocals. Even though it may seem like they perfected their sound on their widely-agreed magnum opus "Get to Heaven", they are transitioning into something even more cathartic and beautiful, in my opinion. If they keep on trucking with these summer vibes and synthpop anthems, I think we could see something even better than any other record of theirs down the road. I'm talking about transcendental cuts such as "In Birdsong" and "Planets", which cascade the listener into bright soundscapes filled to the brim with awe-inspiring vocal lines and shimmering backing tracks. These sounds are great connectors for the record, being put against tracks such as "Moonlight", "Big Climb", and "Arch Enemy". Effortless and free, the tracks with carefree qualities are few and far between, showing just how comfortable they are with their sonic and technical abilities.

Everything Everything are one of the most consistent bands that I've had the pleasure of listening to, and seeming like they're just so early in their career, even five albums in, I can tell that they're going to be hailed as one of the greatest progressive pop groups to ever exist.

Color: Orange
FAV TRACKS: all of them!
LEAST FAV: n/a
TreyLikesBands's Tags
Sep 11, 2020
okay but why did you give this a 6?
EnigmaticSnob
ALICIA
Oh Sees - Protean Threat
Oh Sees
Protean Threat
Slauson Malone - Vergangenheitsbewältigung (Crater Speak)
Slauson Malone