King Crimson - Discipline
Mar 22, 2019 (updated 5d ago)
Good

Little bit of a rant here...

I have mixed feelings about Mr. Fripp. While he holds dear the good old days of music sharing and purchasing, he does not allow the King Crimson records to be on Spotify. This means I had to manually do the whole local files thing and it's kind of a hassle. I do get that he's a hardass with that sort of stuff, but if he wanted more people to listen to this band and, in return, get more revenue from merch, then I think that would be the way to go. Anyway, my review of Discipline.

It's kind of a mixed bag. There are some different and fun tracks on this record that have pulsing grooves and ever-present rhythm, some tracks really just don't stick out. These tracks are even seen as the centerpieces of the album sometimes. And some of the time, the tracks that I do dig get boring and repetitive, but I saw what they were going with on this release and I can't argue with the heart that was put into the music here.

Color: Green
FAV TRACKS: Matte Kudasai, Indiscipline, Elephant Talk, Discipline, Frame by Frame
At least In The Court Of The Crimson King's on Soundcloud