What a trip!

Demon Days was the 2nd album from British virtual band Gorillaz, released in May 2005.
It was recorded at Studio 13 in London and features an ensemble list of producers / singers including Danger Mouse, Shaun Ryder, De La Soul & MF Doom.

Demon Days was a major success critically & commercially, charting at No. 1 in the UK Albums Charts & No. 6 in the US Billboard 200.

Gorillaz' album ventures into a wildly unique journey through various genres like Hip-Hop, Trip Hop, Art Rock and not once does this album ever show signs of slowing down as it tonally balances its genres to deliver a chilling story about worldwide human destruction.

Instrumentally, it works so well at adding to this story as it has a meancing / doom-filled attitude to it.

Hearing Dare (one of my all-time favourite songs) in the context on this album makes it much spookier as the album progressed, even if the song itself comes across lyrically as sounding fun about loving freedom and likely loving past trends ("feel like you were there yourself")

It maintains a strong consistency throughout as well that captures my interest the whole time.

It goes by so quick for a 50min record as well since it gives you so much to show and tell while also making you beg for more.

Demon Days' thematic storytelling is made into such an immersive experience due to its rich tonal shifts, spooky vibes and Damon Albarn's haunting performance along with plenty of great features to accompany the group.

5d
W review. I love how u always give like a little backstory to the album at hand. Like u did with “Donuts”. Don’t skip the debut tho! Although i don’t love it, It’s still an essential listen. I’d recommend u give it a listen before moving on to “Plastic Beach”. Great review brotha!
5d
@BruhMan thanks for the comment! It helps to find a little background info as it makes the album more intriguing to know about. I'll hear their debut sometime soon.
5d
It's kinda funny because I was thinking about you reviewing a Gorillaz album, and then
@TrashyTasteGeek what a coincidence