DJ Impala - Static
Jan 4, 2023
Hey @ImpalaLT, nice work for your debut album. You subverted my expectations, even though the first 3 singles were already promising to start off with.

I wouldn't have expected to hear Lo-Fi styled music in 2023 since I haven't heard much of the genre in ages, but it still sounds nice today.
I was quite surprised by the inclusions of R&B and Trap influenced style production.

I like a lot of instrument & melody choices, too. You can tell you spent quite a lot of work putting these all together and it turned out quite well.

Most of Static put me in a relaxed state. Kinda comforting while also catchy in other places.
The album feels mostly nice and compact, short and sweet.

Aside from the 3 singles you released in December, my favourite track easily had to have been Want. I adore the atmosphere you created on it; like Trap music that can be heard from underwater or space before the Rock guitars come in.

My only gripe is that there are some samples that run a little too long, especially the vocals in Track 5.

Other than that, I'm quite happy with how this turned out and you should be too!!

Keep it up ;)

Play This On
3w
@ImpalaLT knocked it out the park, my favorite track has to be Vehicle Rain. Great review.
3w
@DREscapePlan he sure did. Showed his full identity on this album without the influences.
3w
This is something that I’m genuinely proud of. My favorite song on the album is either “Vehicle Rain” or “The Mosquito Of Florida Is Out To Get Us”
@ImpalaLT You should be.
I liked them all so it was difficult to choose a favourite tbf.
3w
@UltimateLifeFrm I didn’t sample a popular song in track 5, it just sounds kinda like Doja Cat’s “Woman”
3w
@ImpalaLT I shall correct that paragraph then