Chelsea Wolfe - She Reaches Out to She Reaches Out to She
YES!!!! This album is exactly what I've been hoping for!

Chelsea Wolfe's latest album has been my most anticipated release for the year so far because I adore her gothic aesthetic that she brings to her music that matches her quiet yet very enchanting voice. Considering I love gothic / atmospheric material like this since it's the perfect opportunity for grounded storytelling, this fits the bill in terms of everything I was wishing for it to be and I'm just so happy.

At the same time, this album is a lot more sonically intense that I imagined it to be, but that's perfectly fine since it adds so much more depth and grandeur in scale, especially with the chaotic drum patterns in "House of Self-Undoing".

I can't even begin to describe how majestic Chelsea's vocal performance is, not to mention her presence is quite dynamic and shrouded with a sense of mystery since her delivery is masked under such creative musical arrangements.

Retaining that gothic touch that she manages to captivate you with in her works, there's also a surprising influence of industrial added to the mix that makes most of this album so more fierce and brooding. It can feel like a shockwave to the bloodstream since it's like a musical manifestion of one's deepest, darkest emotions all unravelling through and just being unleashed into the open.

"Eyes Like Nightshade" is probably one of the best tracks I've heard this year because of the aforementioned descriptions. It's brutal with the use of gritty reverbed beats and disoriented melodies but mysteriously charming at the same time. It stands out from the previous tracks since it uses a different melodic touch to offer a more surrealist undertone.

I'm just in awe of the amount of different arrangements thay are present on this album; whether it be noisy guitar riffs, brutal industrial rhythms, trip-hop atmosphere or complex reverbs, it's a chaotic trip that I can't get my head around, but I'm loving every second of it.

Let's not forget about the closing track in particular: "Dusk", whose moody atmosphere and noisy dream pop aesthetic made for one of the best songs of 2023. I only heard this when it was the leading single and avoided the rest so I can go in blind for a better first impression, but now in the context of the album, considering how it's a journey of one reaching out to their future self to provide guidance & growth, it makes a lot more sense as to why it serves as the finale.

A dark journey of healing drenched in beautifully unstable compositions along with a electrifying presence to match, Chelsea Wolfe strikes a chord with a viscerally impactful piece of work that I can see myself revisiting a lot throughout the year.

3w
Haven’t listened yet but this made me excited
3w
Your first 9 this year!!! ^^
1w
dude was ahead of the curve