Kendrick Lamar - Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
6d ago (updated 2d ago)
Edit: 73->76
This record hasn’t grown on me much after many relistens. I still feel disappointed with the production, and I still think Crown is a really boring song.

ORIGINAL REVIEW

This is so disappointing...

After 5 years, Kendrick has dropped his 5th studio album. This album features more laid back production than any of his previous LPs, which I’m not much of a fan of. On many tracks, he even sings, which is pretty nice. Most of my highlights from this album came from the more energetic parts, while the others sounded kinda sleepy. N95 is definitely my favorite song of the year, so far.

Overall, this album is decent, and really picked up at the end. This doesn’t really feel like it took 5 years, and I’m kinda disappointed with this production. This rating is certainly subject to change, but I wasn’t feeling this album as much as everybody else is.

Note: I wrote this review during my first listen. I’ll give it more listens and maybe I’ll like it a bit more.

VisbiReviews's Tags
6d
auntie diaries not 100 is just
6d
you're dumb
5d
Yeah the production was probably the weakest I ever seen on a kendrick album which was sets the album back tbh
crown red score :(
5d
Shut the fuvk you rated 1 hr after it came out, dumb ass mfs no cap get off this platform
5d
I'd let this one marinate for a little bit; there's a lot of heavy topics that are delt with subtlety.
5d
Trying to give this album time to age, but initially i agree production on this album was not there. Kendrick is still very clearly the best lyricist, no doubt. Not his best project.
5d
@Nerd I’m updating this as I give it more listens, as I stated in this review. Don’t get angry over someone else’s opinion, it’s not worth it
5d
@Nerd Also, you rated CMIYGL based on your first listen, thats some real hypocrisy right there
4d
Why does Crown have a 39?? Deserves at least an 80 if you're going to be critical.
4d
lol you gave this a not mid and a mid
4d
people on this site are so fucking toxic jesus christ
4d
i would highly recommend to relisten to it because at the start for me, i thought it was really bad, but on a relisten, i do enjoy it way more. Not his best, and probably won't be the album of the year, but i think its still really good.