King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - L.W.
Mar 25, 2021
Just because you’re album goes hard and is musically competent, it doesn’t mean its interesting. This is an album of theoretically sound psychedelic rock bangers that don’t bang, there’s no intensity, there’s no vibrancy and there’s no solid concept to pull it through. L.W. is a collection of tracks about major issues that are currently bothering the band, which would be fine if it felt like there was anything gluing it together. And it’s not like the writing is bad, but with the instrumentals coming across as bland as they do the whole thing just feels unprofound. What also doesn’t help is that there aren’t really any softer moments to make the more emotional and obviously more meaningful moments stand out, making the whole album feel stagnant. Now let me reiterate, none of the musicality is overtly bad, barring a couple of poor vocal moments, but it’s so bland and repetitive of the weaker moments of the previous record this album was just tiring to listen to. Honestly, I wish I had more to say about this, but it’s fine, completely passable, mediocrity incarnate, I think you’ve got the picture.
Comments