Denzel Curry - Melt My Eyez, See Your Future
At first glance, it’s obvious much of the upfront rage bangers that seemed like an important appeal of his previous works, are minimal in the tracklist of "Melt My Eyez See Your Future". Despite this, though, that same level of intensity of emotion, paranoia, and fear of some of Denzel Curry's previous best records are still very much present through its alluringly atmospheric compositions. Right from the start, Denzel sets up the world presented as an unwelcoming environment, inspired by his own personal life and experiences. There’s a momentum that runs through Denzel Curry’s latest project, That I think makes for an instantly enjoyable and replayable record. For Example, I found The run from “Melt Session #1” to “Mental” to be almost seamless, with their low-key production approach as it uses acoustic instruments to its benefit. And This very lumbering pace of songs gets picked up by the charismatic “Troubles,” featuring a fantastic T-Pain guest feature with His melodic and sultry delivery in contrast to Denzel’s rasp, making for a great and interesting matchup.

I think In a Lot of ways, Denzel has managed to reinvent his sound here, better than ever. Obviously, Some might be disappointed that the in your face boldness and hard-hitting moments of his earlier acclaimed and even recent material are minimal here, however, I also think much of the dark, yet complex themes have not waned here. If anything, they’ve been further explored than they ever have been on any other of his project before. This is easily one of his most thought out and mature material, which definitely has me very curious as to see where this will take him in the future.

Comments