Prince - Originals
Jul 11, 2019
Prince is, for me, one of the best singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist of all time. The legend has not yet said its last word. In 2018, a set of demos recorded on the piano was released. In 2019, this is "Originals". A posthumous project that is definitely worth the detour, much more enjoyable and interesting musically. The songs have just been remastered, nothing has been added. From the beginning of the 80s, the prolific Prince began to write and compose many songs for several artists or bands of his galaxy. They are called Apollonia 6, Sheila E or Jill Jones. Each time, the sulphurous singer has recorded very successful demos to guide them. So precise, well produced, and dressed that you would think these songs are ready to go on the radio. "Originals" is a real Prince's album. First, because all these songs date from the same period 81-91. There is also a unit in terms of production, because they are the same engineers of the sound that we find on all the tracks. Personally, it's an album that I loved because I've always been a big fan of Prince. This is one of my favorites this year!

Best tracks: "Sex Shooter", "Manic Monday", "Nothing Compares 2 U", "Noon-Rendezvous", "Wouldn't You Love To Love Me", "Jungle Love", "Make-Up", "100 MPH".

Worst track: "Gigolos Get Lonely Too"

WhatTheFunk's Tags