Megan Thee Stallion - Fever
May 30, 2019
The cover art of Megan Thee Stallion's debut album is inspired by cinematographic productions of blaxploitation and Pam Grier's hyper-sexualisation. Megan's uninhibited sexuality is central on this album. Megan Thee Stallion is a worthy heir of the women's rap tradition begun by MC Lyte and Queen Latifah, and the southern hip-hop dynasty inaugurated by the Geto Boys and Underground Kings. Megan asserts herself as "Thee Stallion" and defeats the historically male-centered framework in favor of the sexual narratives of black women. Her assertiveness in achieving sexual desires and pleasures is accompanied by samples of UGK, Three 6 Mafia and Project Pat, drawing nights of ecstasy, where Megan is responsible for her body. Megan Thee Stallion affirms the identity of the "rich bitch" who takes pleasure in killing those who try to block her financial ambitions and asserts herself as the "Pimp" number one.

Best tracks: "Cash Shit (feat. DaBaby)", "Realer", "W.A.B.", "Simon Says (feat. Juicy J)", "Pimpin", "Hood Rat Shit", "Shake That".

Worst track: "Big Drank"