Charli XCX - Charli
Sep 15, 2019 (updated Dec 23, 2019)
Dear Charli,

It is with deep respect for all your work that I take the liberty of writing this review.
If I had to qualify this album, the first word would be the album of maturity.
You've chosen to be the emblem of this whole generation of fresh pop that's bursting with raw talent. And you fight to highlight them by offering them a visibility thanks to all the feats present on your album.
On a more technical level, this album pushes back the perfection we expect from the production. There is an exceptional musical coherence.
It is, I think, your most intimate album to date, but also your most universal and successful work.
It's a tribute album, an album of sharing, futuristic and timeless, it's so fresh, so innovative!
My favourites are "Click" and "Gone". Special dedication for the ingenuity of the melody on "Shake it" and "White Mercedes".
It's a claiming project that has come to an end! May the eyes finally open, Charli!
This album has made me happy and I thank you for it.
Constant shivers like rarely before.

See u there gurl.

From Math with love...

Best tracks: "Gone (feat. Christine and the Queens)", "Cross You Out (feat. Sky Ferreira)", "White Mercedes", "February 2017 (feat. Clairo & Yaeji)", "Click (feat. Kim Petras & Tommy Cash)", "Next Level Charli", "1999", "2099".

Worst track: "Blame It On Your Love (feat. Lizzo)"
WhatTheFunk's Tags