Post Malone - Hollywood's Bleeding
Sep 11, 2019 (updated Sep 13, 2019)
Post Malone is one of the most consistent and inconsistent popular artists of this decade. I like the guy. He seems to be just having fun and not trying to take himself too seriously. In 2015 and 2016, I could not stand it because of his awful debut, "Stoney". Then 2017, we had "beerbongs & bentleys", eventually became one of my favorite emo rap albums, containing Posty's best songs such as "Candy Paint." Malone is one of my favorite popular artists and at the same time I hate a lot of his songs, I was only hoping that the new album could confirm that Posty is a great artist. Post Malone at least try to subtly improve his work, maybe in 2020, Post Malone could actually drop a good album. "Hollywood's Bleeding" brings many improvements, but it still fails for the same reasons as the previous albums like the length of the album. Many of these songs are built around the same themes; average lyrics, a vocal technique from best to worst on a fairly basic bang trap beat. Nevertheless, Post Malone seems to have opted for a formula that seems much more coherent than on its first two projects, and most of it goes through production. This album has a lot of experimentation, like the guitar solo on the song with Ozzy Osbourne. In terms of lyrics this album is very simple. It does not seem that Post Malone is trying to improve here. The featurings of this album are not exceptional too, it could work better if he chose to work with more rock bands rather than hip-hop artists who sound misplaced on his albums. In the end, Post Malone, I do not know if I like it or if I hate it. I think this album is decent and I hope he will release a good album in 2020, because he really has the capacity to do it.

Best tracks: "Take What You Want (feat. Ozzy Osbourne & Travis Scott)", "Goodbyes (feat. Young Thug)", "Allergic", "Circles", "Myself".

Worst track: "Hollywood's Bleeding"
WhatTheFunk's Tags