Beartooth - Disease
Jan 15, 2019
Greatness Or Death- 8/10
A great way to start an album. Tight playing and good songwriting

Disease- 9/10
Issa bop. Great lyrics, drumwork is extremely memorable, and Caleb sells it perfectly

Fire- 7/10
A potentially great song wasted by generic songwriting. Don't start this shit again.

You Never Know- 7.5/10
A decent hardcore punk track. That line at the end of the chorus is corny as hell tho.

Bad Listener- 6/10
More cringy writing that ruins a good instrumental

Afterall- 6.5/10
Christ, if this wasn't so catchy. "Guess I'm just human afterall" really? That's the best you got guys?

Manipulation- 7/10
Getting back on track here. Not as generic as the last two lyrically. Decent hook and more tight playing.

Enemy- 7/10
Can I just say the chorus ruins most of these songs. Or hell, mainly a single line or two that makes me cringe. Good flow and again, great instrumental. They need better songwriters and people to help structure these songs better

Believe-5.5/10
one of the poppier songs on this album. Very forgettable

Infection-6/10
Another decent song ruined by a cringe line or two. Jesus guys you can write better than this i.e Disease and Greatness Or Death

Used And Abused- 8/10
Thank God. More proof how important the drumwork are to this band. No cringy lines. Just good ass playing and Caleb doing a fantastic job as always (the breakdown is pretty similar to Disease's tho)

Clever- 8.5/10
A really well written song, but at this point it's a little samey. Still can't knock a great song

Jesus what a disappointment. Disease is one of my favorite songs of 2018 and even if the other singles were ehh I had high hopes. This bands writing is really holding them back. They have all the talent in the world. Caleb is a fantastic vocalist. Connor Dennis is a great drummer who carries some of these songs. They need better songwriters, but they've shown that they can write great songs without help, so I don't know what to really say. Just get better.
Comments