Taylor Swift - evermore (deluxe version)
Apr 6, 2021 (updated Apr 7, 2021)
ORIGINAL REVIEW:
Surprisingly, it’s quite different from ‘folklore’ despite being called a sister record. Obviously it’s the same talent, the high quality of songwriting is present, the quality of the production is maintained and it’s the same vocalist but is one better than the other? Yes. Overall, I felt ‘folklore’ managed to really challenge Swift as an artist and even as a listener. It’s also certainly more captivating personally.

‘evermore’ is still an incredibly pretty record for sure even though it certainly doesn’t feel as poetic or mellow as ‘folklore’. It’s still very well-written and I do appreciate that it’s more upbeat and I’m happy to say the album is even unpredictable at some points.

Sadly, I still need some time to decipher the lyrics so I’m sure that this album will grow on me over time.

RE-REVIEWED:
Perfection. ‘evermore’ is a rare and beautiful record and one that has grown on me over the few months since it’s release. The sheer talent in the songwriting with tracks like ‘champagne problems’, the experimental musical choice explored in tracks like ‘closure’ just expands upon ‘folklore’ and in all honesty allows me to feel more in ‘evermore’. Additionally the bonus tracks in the deluxe version are captivating tearjerkers and add to the overall experience.
Comments