The Brave Little Abacus - Just Got Back From the Discomfort—We're Alright
Aug 24, 2019
My infinite descent into emo continues. I realize that this series is going quite slowly, so it's about time that I start cleaning up some of my past reviews. After all, I want to listen to more emo, so I won't let my procrastination stop me!

This time we've got some emo revivalism on our hands. And wow, someone in the comments suggested that the lead vocalist sounds like Spongebob, and I simply cannot unhear it now. If you enjoyed Spongebob's vocal performance on the Campfire Song, you will enjoy the lead singer's performance here.

The Brave Little Abacus (let's call them TBLA for short, shall we?) definitely bring emo back into the spotlight. This album is creative all the way through, and throws everything including the kitchen sink in order to make emo relevant again. Every song here feels different to me, and I love it. This album has blast beats (The Blah Blah Blahs), an accordion interlude (Boy's Theme), motherfucking synthesizers (A Highway Got Paved...) and so much more. This album feels like an angsty playground. No wonder people drew the Spongebob comparison here.

Emo is somewhat relevant again!
Comments