When We Land - Introvert's Plight
Jan 10, 2018
As a Minnesotan, this debut release pulled me in for local reasons but then made me stay for the entire album. After multiple listens I can say that I really enjoy the album as a whole. It takes the listener through a variety of experiences with relaxing indie vibes throughout Introvert's Plight. However the ambient trance is never really changed and this lulls the sound to remain constant and unchanging. This isn't necessarily diminishing to their work, but I believe that more tonal changes could create a stronger album overall. Tracks that do mix things up are "Take Me Back Again" and "Come Home", respectively, use a heavier guitar sound and backup vocals by Jesse Baxter's wife. These were my two favorite tracks on the album as it kept me feeling alive and pulsing as I listened through. Overall, I think this is a great debut album from When We Land and I'll definitely try to catch them at a local show. ***This is my first album review on this site and I am still developing my rating criteria, I will update this review as I continue to develop and listen***
Jan 11, 2018
Excellent review, welcome to the site!
ChuckActuary