Weezer - Van Weezer
May 7, 2021
For every album I hear from this band, I just get more disappointed, this is one of the most overrated bands and I really don't understand why people think it is that good.
Maybe it's a beloved band because they make a silly and cliche sound, but even so, I can't see any sparkle in them.

This album I found a little better than the past, but it's still not something that really makes me like the band, maybe I don't understand their proposal.

The album goes with a different sound from the last one, sounding like a pop punk dated in 2005. Most of the time, I felt myself listening to the strands of the music New Perspective by P! ATD.
Is a very teenage sound that doesn't seek to be deep or anything like that, it's a record that just wants to deliver fun.

The melodies, especially in ballads, however much they fall in common, bringing a very sweet and sugary sound, they end up pleasing.

Maybe because of my sound synesthesia, which makes me mix certain senses, making me see colors in melodies, mix smells with memories, I can connect these two senses in a more logical way, but in my mind, it seems that the album was recorded at Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

The disc mixes fun and very melodic sounds with Riffs that seem to have left Trash Metal, which helps to make the disc something more dynamic.

Well, I still have to see this band surprise me and show the PQ everyone says they are so great, for me, they still fall in common place, with cliché sounds.
But the ballads are even cool.
May 7, 2021
I'd argue that Weezer aren't overrated at all, many people hate them for being so inconsistent. I don't know for the rest, but I really like Weezer simply because they always keep going no matter what.

Great review btw!
May 7, 2021
I'm no Weezer stan but Blue Album and Pinkerton are pretty damn good, and important for music. Can't say the same about the rest but... lol
May 8, 2021
@reptilia0000 is that man, I don't know anything about the band, but all I see are people saying that they are incredible and that the green album is bad. I have already listened to some of their albums, but for me they are completely irrelevant.
May 8, 2021
@vacantmind98 I have been told that this blue album is really good, but if it is "good" just because "they are nerds doing rock", I will continue to think it sucks. I will follow the tip and listen to this album, but I hope it is really good, and not just nonsense as the rest.
🙂
May 10, 2021
@YuriDING Oh, Green's good in comparison to some abominations they've made. The Blue album is amazing though, it's not just because of nerds doing rock, in reality, I never looked at it that way, it's great because it's 10 back-to-back amazing songs that are all fun and interesting, really recommend it! Also, the white album is really really good, and EWBAITE is kinda like t}is one but miles better.
May 10, 2021
Thank you for not coming cursing me just because I didn't like the record so much. I will definitely listen to the band's most acclaimed albums so I can better understand their proposal. Thanks for the recommendations, @reptilia0000
Jun 3, 2021
like I said, i'm no Weezer stan, but i'll defend the blue album any day... it's definitely not "nerds doing rock" for me because i could care less as long as the music is good...