For Those I Love - For Those I Love
Mar 29, 2021
I can't like "spoken word" albums, it sucks and EVERYBODY knows it.

"But what about the things he says? The lyrics are beautiful."

If I want to hear a man talking, I listen to a podcast or see a speech from the president. And if I want to see a guy talking on top of a song, I go to an appliance store, or to the market, where there is always someone talking about promotions over a song that is playing.

Just because the guy doesn't have a beautiful voice to sing and so he chooses to keep talking, people already judge him as genius, just because he is not a conventional way of making music. It is boring, dull, expressionless, it´s a shit.

I don't care what he talks about, it doesn't give me any emotion, it looks like he's reading a book man.

There are a lot of people giving 70 for this album, just because they didn't like it and are afraid to give it a low grade. They don't even give a high grade, because they really didn't like it very much, nor a low grade, because they are afraid of being seen as ignorant.

You don't have to lie about your feelings to be accepted.

I speak for you: it is boring, its sucks, it is a shit, it is pretentious, its dull, it doesn’t convey any emotion, and just because it’s an uncomfortable sound, it doesn’t mean it’s great, interesting, intimate or something, it just means it’s really boring.

can i be wrong? certainly! but until I change my mind, this is a shit for me.
Agree 1000%
Filtered
Mar 29, 2021
I... Agree. But what about half-spoken-word/half-singing. You know, people like Dylan or Reed. Do you think it's still bad?
Mar 29, 2021
@MarkAnMan No, my only problem is when there is a announcer giving a monologue.
Based
Mar 30, 2021
ok but what about la dispute
ok but what about la dispute [2]
or mewithoutyou
Mar 30, 2021
It must be because they are afraid to give it a lower score, not that they think it's a 70. Thank you for revealing the truth to us plebs.
Mar 31, 2021
"I don't care what he talks about, it doesn't give me any emotion"
He talks about his childhood best friend who committed suicide in 2018. It's an ode to all the moments they've spent together and a self-reflection on how to keep moving forward. I think it's fair to not find the music or spoken word enjoyable, but to criticize his lyrics and call them "expressionless" is a bit naive and insensitive.
Mar 31, 2021
@doctorchair I didn't say that the lyrics are not pretty or expressionless, they are. But the way it shows, (speaking and not singing) completely takes away any feeling I might have. He could be talking about any subject there, Spoken words just makes everything boring, dull. What does it matter if the lyrics are beautiful, if when I listen I want to blow my head up against the wall?
Apr 1, 2021
I was going to write a review, but you said exactly what I was going to say. The lyrics have a LOT to say, but the fact that he's talking over the music is just, well, blech. It's not that the lyrics are expressionless, but just talking over the music makes them seem expressionless.
Apr 2, 2021
Goodness gracious. You are being ironic or stupid, and it’s hard to tell which. You don’t have to like it. People are all different. At different points in their life. With a different context from which they are listening.
Apr 2, 2021
I accept your opinion. I've also accepted that it's wrong.
BROCKHAMPTON - ROADRUNNER: NEW LIGHT, NEW MACHINE
BROCKHAMPTON
ROADRUNNER: NEW LIGHT, NEW MACHINE
Taylor Swift - Fearless (Taylor's Version)
Fearless (Taylor's Version)
Floating Points, Pharoah Sanders & The London Symphony Orchestra - Promises
Floating Points, Pharoah Sanders & The London Symphony Orchestra
Promises
SPIRIT OF THE BEEHIVE - ENTERTAINMENT, DEATH
SPIRIT OF THE BEEHIVE
ENTERTAINMENT, DEATH
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - G_d's Pee AT STATE'S END!
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
G_d's Pee AT STATE'S END!
Black Country, New Road - For the first time