Godspeed You! Black Emperor - G_d's Pee AT STATE'S END!
Apr 2, 2021
This is not an easy album to explain in words, you have to feel your melodies, and the whole album as a set will guide you somewhere COMPLETELY individual. I will not write a review, because my note already says a lot about it, I will write a report.

This record made me feel like the rapture had finally happened, and God had taken all the deserving ones to heaven, and left the rest of the people here on earth.

I end up staying here on earth with murderers, sinners, non-believers or any other stereotype of people who would not be accepted in heaven. All these people who doubted any higher being, end up crying out and begging for a chance to go to heaven too, and this despair and melancholy agony end up taking over the minds of all the people left on earth.

The world is completely dark, with evil around, and the only remaining light is that which crosses the gates of paradise, but they are already closing, and too far for a human to reach them.

With enchanted eyes, filled with tears, we see the gates closing up in the sky, and then we beg for another chance.

After much going through the hell that the earth has become, witnessing pain, evil and suffering, divine goodness comes to us again and ends up forgiving everyone, curing our sins and making us worthy of a piece of paradise.

I can't express a feeling, but that was the feeling of listening to the melodies on that record.
Apr 3, 2021
I love this review, very poetic
Apr 4, 2021