Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell!
Aug 30, 2019
Modern day icon, Lana Del Rey sees herself making a much needed return to form after two mediocre and underwhelming releases. Her 5th studio album shows her returning to the top of modern pop and alternative music with a grace and splendor that can only be reveled in as stunning, enchanting and awe inspiring.

The classic tropes that I have come to know and love Lana’s music for are more present than they have been in 5 years. The cinematic feel of her music, the sombering melancholia, the romantic tragedy, and the 50s-60s nostalgia are all very prevalent on this album and serve Lana very well as this new record is essentially an improved embodiment of her classic sound.

This album feels like a southern california sunset in 1962, before the age of silicone and cheap fabrics. It feels like a one night stand in a hotel room in venice. It feels like lines of cocaine on a coffee table. It feels like lip stick marks on A strangers neck. It feels like Lana has finally come full circle. This is the album we have been waiting for, the one she was destined to make. This album is so Lana Del Rey that only Lana could have created it. This is her sound, her aesthetic, everything about this album just screams everything Ive ever wanted her music to be. It is quite the sombering experience.

This album has classic potential and is possibly her greatest record to date. This is everything I wanted her to be after Born to Die came out, maybe it took a little longer than I would have hoped, but im honestly so glad that this record is finally here.

Also, did Cinammon girl fucking ruin anyone elses day, that track hit me like a fucking bus.
zachthesnack's Tags