Weyes Blood - Titanic Rising
Apr 5, 2019
Ive said it once, I’ll say it again “2019 is the gear for Female Singer-Songwriters” Right from the get go this fact was making itself evident through various releases and now with phenominal releases being added on in March such as Julia Jacklin’s new record, as well as records from the likes of Stella Donnelly, SASAMI and KARYYN, and now this! Like jesus fuck these ladies are killing it right now! It seems like all of my favorite songs this year have been by female artists which is definitely a first for me, but not a change I am opposed to! I hope the year only continues to provide me with amazing musical content from these amazing, beautiful women.

Weyes Blood has exceeded all of my great expectations that I had for her. I expected this album to be good after singles like Movies had dropped, but this thing is abso-fuckin-lutely fantastic! From start to finish, she had a complete vice grip on my attention span. The songs are all so beautifully composed and her vocal delivery is just so goddamn effortless that it gives me goosebumps.

All in all this has potential to be one of the definitive album releases of the year. I think the critics are going to fall head over heels in love with this and I believe in the future it will be regarded by many as a classic record. Absolutely stoked by this release!
zachthesnack's Tags
Apr 5, 2019
If you're looking for more female-driven music, Potty Mouth's new album is pretty cool. Nice pop-punk music that goes a lil harder than anything that HAIM has put out.