Blood Incantation - Hidden History of the Human Race
Nov 28, 2019
Denver outfit, Blood Incantation return to the limelight with an incredibly dense and technical death metal record! This record is a somewhat standard interpretation of the genre, with many of the riffs following suit of that classic death metal style we all know and love. The lacings of prog influence throughout the record also give the listener a more flavorful experience than a typical run-of-the-mill death metal album would. Another thing that sets this record apart from its contemporaries is the incredible mixing on the record! The drums sound absolutely phenomenal as well as the vocals. I only wish the guitar work was a little more memorable. My only other complaint would be that the final track felt like it could have been condensed quite a bit.

I would highly recommend this album to anyone looking to get into the genre. It’s as good of a :starting place as any for anyone looking to get the gist of Death Metal with respect to the sonic anatomy and typical stylistic choices that are popular in the genre. Definitely an high quality record! Really impressed with this one!
zachthesnack's Tags