HAIM - Women in Music Pt. III
SUMMER IS OFFICIALLY UPON US BITCHEZZZZZZ

And what better way to kick off the most lively season of the year than with a fantastic new record from the HAIM sisters.

God there is so so much to like here. The vocal harmonies all across this thing are absolutely fucking phenomenal as I’ve come to expect from these gals. There’s some real creative production throughout as well. Some psychedelic and distorted elements sprinkled throughout lovingly. The bass is also super punchy across most of the tracks here.

My biggest pitfall with the record is it’s sameness. I get that cohesion is a good thing to aim for but by the tale end of the record I was literally getting bored, which sucks because there are some moments on this album that I absolutely love. I also feel like adding 3 of the best songs at the end as bonus tracks was kind of a mistake, I feel like the album might have flowed a lot better if they’d been put somewhere in the middle of the mix, rather than tacked on at the end like an afterthought.

I definitely see myself just cruising down a beach road and blasting this with the windows rolled down and the wind flowing through my hair. This album encapsulates the perfect summer vibe for me. It’s not overbearing or overly ambitious, but it never needed to be. It’s just a collection of (for the most part) very solid indie-pop music with colorful, punchy choruses and beats that really make you want to just move your feet or drive a little faster.

I really expect this one to grow on me a little more because I’m totally going to be BLASTING THE ABSOLUTE SHIT OUT OF THIS at the beach 🏝
zachthesnack's Tags
Tielur
Pop Smoke - Shoot for the Stars, Aim for the Moon
Pop Smoke
Shoot for the Stars, Aim for the Moon
Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure?
Jessie Ware