Fontaines D.C. - A Hero's Death
3d ago (updated 3d ago)
Fontaine’s D.C. are one of my absolute favorite newcomers on the music circuit as of late. Their debut record from last year was one of the years’ best and brought a fresh sound and energy to one of my favorite genres in post-punk.

These guys are just so good at structuring really fun and interesting tracks together. The poignant lyrics featured on many of their tracks are a huge highlight as well. Tracks like “I Don’t Belong” “You Said” and “Living in America” are going to be on fucking repeat for the rest of the year!

There are so many exciting new faces in post-punk right now (IDLES, The Murder Capital, Girl Band, etc) but aside from IDLES these guys have got to be my absolute favorite making music in the genre. They bring so much energy and relatability to each of their songs and I just see myself loving this record, as well as the debut for a long time to come.

This is easily one of my favorite records on the year so far! If these guys keep it up, they have an extremely bright future ahead of them! :))
zachthesnack's Tags