Daft Punk - Discovery
Ah, here goes nothing.

I suppose you all have been waiting for me to put my opinion on this album, and I will, but I must say that I didn’t choose this album to hate on because of the band’s breaking up. The band breaking up was my motivation to listen to them, after I’ve enjoyed some of their more recent hits and have nostalgic memories.

With that being said, let’s get into why I don’t like this euro-dance pop group’s sophomore classic, Discovery.

To begin, I must say that I do think all of these songs have potential. I think In the first minute these songs are great, but this leads into my main problem with the group, and that is the repetitive structure. These songs all sound good, but are just the same chunk of the song repeated with small somewhat progressive changes to them. And I understand that dance music is repetitive and what not, but that doesn’t make it unviable for critique. This is also a factor that made my head begin to hurt about halfway through my second listening.

Also, some of these track lengths are absurd. 10 minutes, a few songs are 5 minutes. That’s especially crazy with little to no huge changes in how the songs progress. Do frenchies hate prog?

Anyway, I have about one more huge critique and that’s the song Veridis Quo. Yeah, you heard me, I really dislike this song. For one, it’s 5 minutes long, and that would be alright and well if, two, it actually CHANGED UP FOR GODDAMN ONCE! This song literally never changes once as it goes on. I’m not lying. It’s the same song looped over and over and over again and the core song isn’t even one of the best sounding on the record!

And I didn’t put it in the intro of the review, but I really like the song Face To Face. That song just has so much character to me and just doesn’t feel like a looped or boring track. I wish I could say the same about these other tracks. Also, this is a very frontloaded album. I think the first half actually wasn’t bad and I was grooving to it, like I wanted to with the rest of the album. Also, I just don’t ever wanna hear Too Long again. Like please.

But anyways, I know y’all were expecting me to not like it, and I don’t, but just know it’s not the worst and has a few good songs. I would say One More Time, Aerodynamic, and Face To Face are the highlights.

Alright, now I’m gonna go crawl in my hole. Cya!
implicitcring
my eyes
implicitcatto
Mar 2, 2021
How could you say that about my favorite track "Veridis Quo". Nope, you are nitpicking and biased, I win, bye bye
Lol
R.I.P my argument.
mad cus bad
Mar 3, 2021
crawl back into that hole you disgusting opinionated creature!!!
Mar 3, 2021
Honestly I think your criticism is valid and well written even if those are the reasons why I like it, the repetition helps me get into the club and dance vibes needed to really fuck with the album in the setting it wants you to, and it is definitely frontloaded, however I found the second half to be more of a chill-out from the first, the calm after the storm you could say.
Yeah, that’s fair.
Slime Language 2
The Armed - Ultrapop
The Armed
Ultrapop
Taylor Swift - Fearless (Taylor's Version)
Fearless (Taylor's Version)